This Month’s Topic: Change your life by……
Happy New Year!
If you have been a regular reader or receiver of STAR 99.1’s Insider Updates, you will notice that there is a change in look and feel with this month’s issue. We hope you like it. You can expect further changes that we are pray will add greater value to you and your family, as you seek to grow in the Grace and knowledge of our Lord.
So have you made any new commitments for 2017? If you are like most of us, though it may never be said audibly to others, you have said one or more of the things below every new year.
- I will read through the Bible this year
- I will be intentional about Growing Spiritually this year
- I will share my faith more this year
- I will Exercise and Eat Better this year
- I will Save or Earn More this year
- I will spend more time with my family this year
- I will complain less this year
Or maybe like me, you have made all of these commitments. Although, you probably don’t call them a New Year’s Resolution. These are all great commitments and can provide lasting and in some cases, eternal value to us, our friends, and our families.
I am not sure if you are aware of the statistics on people keeping New Year’s Resolutions, but they are extremely low. Most people stop any resolutions by the end of the 2nd month. One study says that only 8% of people complete their resolutions each year. Wow! – Check it out here: http://www.statisticbrain.com/new-years-resolution-statistics/
Why is it that millions of people seek change, but find none?
What many people don’t realize is that to change any of the areas above or any other area of our lives, will REQUIRE more than a New Year’s Resolution, resolve or commitment. We must change who and what we are, in order to see any REAL change!
The Bible states it this way, “…as a man thinketh it his heart, so is he…” – Prov. 23:7.
Said another way, the bent of our thinking or our hearts, determines the outcomes of our life. Maybe this is why the NT Christian is commanded to be changed by changing their MINDSET. – Rom. 12:1 – 2
In this month’s podcast, “Books That Have Changed My life” I chose to focus on two books that do nothing but change the way you think about thinking. These books don’t focus much on actions, but belief. If you haven’t read them, they are easy reads, and if digested, understood, and applied, can have life changing impact upon every area of your life. The two book are listed below:
How Successful People Think
By John Maxwell
Get here: http://amzn.to/2hQi5NS
Personality Plus – How to understand others, by understanding yourself
by Florence Littauer
Seven (7) things you will learn in the two books and audio are:
- When you change the way you think, you change your life.
- You must change your thinking for your actions to have lasting change.
- The one thing that separates successful people from unsuccessful ones, is one thing – The way they think!
- Why you should change your thinking:
- Good thinking can do many things for you:
- Generate revenue
- Solve problems
- Create Opportunities
- It can take you to a whole new level personally and professionally
- Good habits are hard to form. Bad habits are easy to form. You must change the way you think about your habits to change your habits.
- Whenever you want to deal with relationship issues, make sure you value the importance of Understanding and Appreciating your differences.
If this article and audio were helpful to you, please let me know by email. If you have book recommendations, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.